An ecommerce sports and lifestyle company wanted to increase sales. Since they do not have any physical locations, their online marketing strategy has a big impact on overall sales.
Go Local saw the opportunity to enhance their SEO, social media, paid search, and email marketing efforts as well as increase mobile sales by creating a mobile friendly website.
The Social Media team created an enhanced social media strategy to raise engagement, reach, and followers. Strategies include:
- Creating unique content
- Consistent messaging
- Encouraging engagement
- Social contests with free product prizes
- Partnerships with well-known sponsored athletes
881,662 more Facebook users reached (73% increase year over year)
Search Engine Optimization
The SEO team implemented best on-site SEO practices to help increase organic website traffic. Strategies include:
- Optimizing title tags and meta descriptions
- Implementing product name and description schema markup
- Correcting/streamlining 404 & 303 errors
- Forty-eight unique blog posts posted
294,636 more organic visitors (44% increase year over year) and 78% increase in organic revenue.
|Organic Visitors||Revenue from Organic Traffic|
The Paid Media team implemented an as-needed paid search campaign to drive high quality clicks and minimize media cost. Strategies include:
- Using only branded keywords
- Enhanced ad copy to help ads standout against other online retailers
- Implemented sitelink extensions to give customers a direct link to specific product pages
6.4 to 1 ratio for revenue earned to media spent.
Media Spend Revenue
The Email Marketing team found several key opportunities to optimize the company’s email marketing strategy and implemented a variety of tactics to increase list size and overall revenue. Strategies include:
- A/B Testing
- Improved Tracking
- Increase in Email Frequency
- List Segmentation
- Cross-Channel Integration
To learn more about the email marketing strategy check out the case study here.
661% increase in email revenue year over year.
The Web Development team saw the opportunity to increase the site’s transactions and revenue with the creation of a mobile friendly website. They began building a new user-friendly site which included:
- Responsive design to allow it to adapt to any screen size
- A better product page layout to enhance shopping experience
- A steam-lined checkout process to reduce the amount of click and time spent when making a purchase
To learn more about the web development strategy check out the case study here.
183% more transactions, 124% increase in revenue from a mobile device, and 116% increase in mobile conversion rate.
As a result of the integrated online marketing campaign and success of all products they experienced: