An e-commerce site wanted to increase mobile site conversions. Consumers are now spending more time interacting with online retailers on smartphones and tablets than they do on desktops and laptops. With 67% of consumers claiming a mobile friendly site makes them more likely to buy and 61% claiming they are likely to leave if the site isn’t mobile friendly, it was clear they needed to create a better mobile experience.
Go Local Interactive saw the opportunity to increase the site’s transactions and revenue with the creation of a mobile friendly website. The web development team began building a whole new site which included:
- Responsive design which allows it to automatically adapt to any screen size.
- A better product page layout with increased product image sizes in order to enhance the shopping experience and make it easier to find products.
- A streamlined checkout process and a secondary menu in order to reduce the amount of clicks and time spent when making a purchase.
All of these features paired with an updated design and quicker site speed created a site that drew consumers in to make purchases and kept them coming back.
As a result of the mobile site launch the company experienced tremendous results across the board. After six months (compared year over year) they saw an increase of users and sessions as well as:
- 116% increase in conversion rates
- 124% increase in mobile revenue
- 183% increase in transactions